Monday, November 25, 2019

Filming blog - the school

For this blog, I will speak about my journey and role in the music video for fly me to the moon by Frank Sinatra. To begin, the first part of the film was coming up with a song. Although it turned out well, I will admit it was not my first pick but when we all agreed and listened to the song, I realized it would come out well. The next step was planning. I did put my input into a couple scenes we could take and how we could put it all together. Personally I do not like the planning part since the way we hope it goes does not always go according to plan. Including in this music video, when it came time to film, there were added scenes that we had thought of on the spot.There are both positives and negatives when it comes to unexpected scenarios. That is a main reason I am not a fan of planning. Many of the things we faced brings to my attention only a portion of what people in the film industry deal with.

When it came time to film, I was an important aspect since I was one of the two actors. I do not mind being on film so I volunteered for the role. I was to dance with another girl and act like we were in love to fit with the love song. For many scenes, it was awkward, luckily we were laughing throughout the filming. One of my favorite scenes came from one of our weirdest shots. We were behind a tree and then we both came around it and smiled at each other. The location we shot from gave us many opportunities to shoot scenes we had not discussed. This taught me that picking a good location is important for filming. For example, during filming there was a thanksgiving set up behind the curtain of our first scene. We did not like this nor did we want the set up there since we thought it was ruining out shot. But, we decided there was no way to move it and we will try our best to angle out the setup and have the film focus on us instead.

Overall, the three main factors for this video was planning, filming and editing. If I could change something it would be my focus on editing and planning. I feel like I enjoyed getting the easy role even though I was an asset. However, I would like to focus more on contributing to the big picture. The one thing I was important in doing was adding to the big picture. The detail within a film could make or break it. The way I put my input into detail for the film definitely affected the way the film turned out. For example, I recommended that we shot with the trees to fulfill that feeling of love which matches the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

audience and institution essay

New movies are released every day, some make it big, some don't, but what is it that really fluctuates a film? Well, a good film is ...