Sunday, October 27, 2019

Filming Blog

The filming process was my favorite throughout this journey. I will admit, at first I was confused at what we were doing since my group had discussed without me the official game plan for filming when I was absent. I soon caught on and understood the way we were shooting our scenes. Since the weather was good we got to continue with plan A and go onto the track. If it had rained we would have had to go with plan B and all our roles would have been switched. The group decided to change the timeline and shoot scenes in a different order. My main role within filming was the actor that was a runner. The other roles were filming it, the other runner and a Dunkin' employee. Since I do not mind being on camera and doing whichever role, I just decided to be the person that is on camera the most. 
The first thing we did was go onto the track to begin filming. One of my scenes, I had to dress in pajamas and I wore a onesie to depict that tired look. The negative part of this costume was how hot it was outside, because the onesie covered me completely, i was sweating a lot. The first shot they took where I was in it was when I was on the starting line, I had to seem tired, and not prepared to begin this race. I do not act, so I was not sure if I did a good job of acting tired but I'm sure it turned out well. There were times where we had to stop filming because the lighting became completely off and we did not want the film to look unnatural. In my role, I consume Dunkin donuts after being tired and immediately become ready to run. The shot where I am stuffing Dunkin donuts in my mouth did make me a little bit uncomfortable as the camera was in my face while I ate but overall it was a fun scene to shoot. Similar to the first shot, I got on the starting line again and acted ready to run the race with athletic clothes and a positive attitude. When the race starts, I race another person and I beat them completely. My favorite line is said when I run up to the Dunkin employee and give her thanks and she tells me, "didn't you know? America runs off Dunkin" This was done to show irony and portray Dunkin's slogan. 
Our biggest worry with the way we shot the film at different times is that the overall film may look very stop and go instead of flowing smoothly. Due to running on limited time we weren't able to rewatch every take and see if it was something to work with. We had to trust that the film would turn out good enough to be edited and cut. The one scene we didn't retake several times is the shot of the guy saying 3,2,1 to countdown the racers. Knowing that there is only one shot of it, we know we will have to work with it. Even though there are always negatives within filming, there are good things about our film process. For example, being prepared came in handy as we had donuts from Dunkin for the eating shot, a coffee cup for when I pretend to chug coffee, costumes for the Dunkin worker, for our athletic shot and for the tired shot. Overall the film process seemed to go smoothly and hopefully there are no great errors that we can not fix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

audience and institution essay

New movies are released every day, some make it big, some don't, but what is it that really fluctuates a film? Well, a good film is ...