Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting the final task

The final project is here, and I am excited to put everything to use. I am currently doing this project with the same group that I have had since the beginning of this class. For me, media and arts have never come easy to me. I have always played sports and been athletic but never had good taste in films or music. Of course, like any teenage girl I love tv shows on Netflix like gossip girl or one tree hill, although I never actually saw the perspective of a filmer, producer or director. After learning a lot about film, I actually see the shows that I watch differently. The lesson that affected me the most was type of shots, now every time I am watching a film I notice the kind of shot thats being taken and the reason for it. Although I have never been a fanatic in the film industry, I have always liked editing. Small things like videos with my friends or for school, I used to do it on my mac book on Imovie. That is why editing for these projects were fun for me, because I had previous experience and I felt confident in my ability to edit well. I want to use what I have learned to help more in the final project. The first thing I have used is my creativity. Coming up with things to film was very fun to me, I gave several opinions that were used to make up a skit. I also got a few people to be in the skit which helped us make up our idea I am also going to be an actor in the film that we make. Although it isn't something I do in my free time I find it really fun to act and play a certain role. One thing I want to achieve is helping with the filming and giving good shots that would make the film make more sense. During the editing, I want to use the small things that I learned to edit more fluently. Just getting used to cutting film and adding it in will be more efficient now that I can edit. The people in my group are Jaheim, Victoria and Emily.
To pitch a film is when you have an idea where a film is within 25 words or less in one sentence. There is a term called elevator pitch where you have about 30 seconds to pitch an idea to a big director and you want to come up with the best pitch you can in the least amount of time.  The three pitches we came up with are: 
#1 girl who doesn’t believe in god or faith in general accidentally became the devil and wants revenge for her past
#2 a movie star couple never seems to get along, except when they are eating a meal with each other ,people everywhere wonder why ,until a reporter winds up dead with parts missing and them missing. 
#3 Girls friend winds up dead and made to look like a suicide it’s up to her to find out what happened or die trying 

No comments:

Post a Comment

audience and institution essay

New movies are released every day, some make it big, some don't, but what is it that really fluctuates a film? Well, a good film is ...