Monday, October 14, 2019

Editing blog

    Today we as a class went over editing for our commercial. I personally found this a bit easy since I have a MacBook Air and I love playing around with iMovie and making little clips. There were lots of similarities with iMovie and the new app that we have to use called Pinnacle Studios. For example,  the way titles go on top , the film in the middle and the music at the bottom. That set up was familiar to me as I have used all three of those to make a fun film. Detaching audio was familiar to me as well , since the past videos I have made were videos that focused on a song , not the audio within the film. Importing was an action that I am familiar with as well, I had to import lots of film from my phone to make videos. This time I will be using a camera so I have to get used to taking film from an SD card and putting it onto the computer then the app.
     The procedure is pretty simple, I took notes on the things I found important that I may forget in the future. My steps include “dumping”, “importing” and “saving”. Some important notes for me was, the app name, pinnacle Studios since I have never heard of it before. I saved some names of files that is important to finding film, for example the folder called DCIM. I also included the information for what to do Incase you can’t find the film, you have to go onto the private folder. For the important section, my steps include: edit, import, desktop, +sign, comm. One tip I noted was to always click “ok” if not, the action may not actually be saved. An important word we were told to remember was “raw footage” , this is important when bringing the film from your desktop to the actual app itself.
     Saving is the last part of completing this commercial. When exporting I found it really important to write down what the standards need to be. For example when exporting you have to make sure the movie is MPEG-4 if not it will not be a movie, also it needs to be full size SD. Before we started the editing notes we had a basic tutorial of how to use the equipment. I am not artistic nor into filming so I am not used to using cameras or tripods. These tips were helpful so that I don’t mess anything up when using these things. We learned how to put the camera onto the tripod which was helpful. We were told how to sign out and sign in equipment. I have an iPhone 6 so my film would turn out terrible which is the reason why I am using the schools camera. I also feel as if sticking with standard guidelines will be the best way to have a good commercial, especially if I need to ask questions, if I am doing something with different equipment I won’t be able to get the best help. Overall, this lesson was very helpful to moving forward with this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

audience and institution essay

New movies are released every day, some make it big, some don't, but what is it that really fluctuates a film? Well, a good film is ...