Thursday, February 27, 2020

filming : outside

For this next scene, we filmed a car and outside scene at the clubhouse of Emily's neighborhood. To begin, we brought two cars but only used one. I drove my car to drive a few people so that Emily could film the two actors in the back seat of the other car. I helped lay out the red carpet and tell Emily the best shots to get. Finding a good place for the red carpet was important to fill the famous look. Similar to the inside filming I had my phone with different things set up to film. I pulled up the script, the scenes and the story board for this part. I had to remind Emily to shoot the car pulling up as well as some scenes on the red carpet. A low angle shot was important to our storyboard and I helped Emily get the shot perfectly. This was part of my co-directing job. All scenes were accounted for and if we wanted any extras, we shot them. One downfall during this was the rain, we didn't necessarily have anything planned for lighting but we would have preferred it not been raining. In the end it worked out fine as the rain didn't intensify until after filming. I also helped make sure the outfits looked good during these shots. The heels, hair and dresses needed to look prepared for this scene. Another main job I had was to be the paparazzi. I held two to three phones and I kept clicking the flashlight to interpret a camera. I tried to do this near the camera instead of near the actors so that you can see the flashing. During this, I also had to shout out to the "famous couple". I said things like, "yes work it" seeming like I am filming them. This is done to show their social class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

audience and institution essay

New movies are released every day, some make it big, some don't, but what is it that really fluctuates a film? Well, a good film is ...